Information is an ASSET which, like other important business assets, has VALUE to an organization and consequently needs to be SUITABLY protected.
Information Security Management System” is that part of the overall management system, based on a business risk approach, to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve information security. ISMS always follows Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology.
- The Plan phase is about designing the ISMS, assessing information security risks and selecting appropriate controls.
- The Do phase involves implementing and operating the controls.
- The Check phase objective is to review and evaluate the performance (efficiency and effectiveness) of the ISMS.
- Improves business performance. A well designed, well implemented ISO 45001 health/safety management system reduces workplace illness and injury and increases productivity
- Independent framework that will take account of all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Gives the ability to demonstrate and independently assure the internal controls of a company (corporate governance)
- Proves senior management commitment to the security of business information and customer information
- Helps provide a competitive edge to the company
- Formalizes, and independently verifies, Information Security processes, procedures and documentation
- Independently verifies that risks to the company are properly identified and managed
- Helps to identify and meet contractual and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates to customers that security of their information is taken seriously.
BENEFITS OF ISMS CERTIFICATION
Certifying your ISMS against ISO/IEC 27001 can bring the following benefits to your organization: